[net.audio] id AA09551; Fri, 27 Jan 84 11:34:57 est

jeff@tesla.UUCP (Jeff Frey) (01/27/84)

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 84 11:34:57 est
From: jeff (Jeff Frey)
To: audio@net
Subject: Sony CD Club

Shades of Captain Midnight Decoder Rings!  But not having any new CD's
worth investing in lately I ventured the $15 and got, in return:
1. a TAB paperback (cover price $11.95) on digital audio recording
   and reproduction, general, CD, and PCM-F1 stuff, written by a team
   from Sony's audio development labs--I know one of them, they're not
   dilettantes.
2. a "CD sampler, Vol. 1 - Jazz" - full length, top quality live digital
   recording CD - includes a Shelly Mann thing & a few others.  Worth a
   tenner at least if you like the music.
3. Various PR things.

Seems worth the money, then.  But, will they send me Vol. 2 later?
STay tuned and see.
Jeff