[net.audio] Turntables in cars

wmartin@brl-vgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) (03/30/84)

>  From: acsgjjp@sunybcs.UUCP (Jim Poltrone)
>  Newsgroups: net.followup,net.flame,net.legal
>  Subject: copyrighted material:  what's the beef?
>
>    Do you know of any
>  turntables that are suitable for use inside the car (something reasonable,
>  *not* including the Close 'n' Play (tm)!)?

Well, my linear-tracking Technics SL-7 has a DC power input and a record
clamp built into the lid, and I think it is designed for optional mobile
use. I don't know how well it would track on a bumpy road, though...

Now, where do you get an automotive audio preamp with a phono stage
built in it to use with this?  (I guess you could use one of those
outboard battery preamp units and go into a high-level input...)

I think the problems start when you build in the component shelves
and the record-storage shelving into your VW Beetle... :-)

Will