Date:           Mon, 16 Apr 84 15:46:11 PST
From:           Matthew J. Weinstein <matt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA>
To:             info-micro@Brl-Aos.ARPA
To:             info-mac@Sumex-Aim.ARPA
To:             info-ibmpc@Usc-Isib.ARPA
Subject:        Big ROMs

According to the Dvorak column in April 30th InfoWorld:

``IBM has placed an order for 1.5 million digital audio disk players from
  an unspecified Japanese source.   The order was made by the personal
  computer division in Boca Raton, Fla.
  Some speculate that IBM will put a complete UNIX system on a disk with
  hundreds of utilities.  Others feel that IBM is about to decimate the
  competition by bundling a few hundred megabytes of free softwaare and a
  special new "win-dowing" operating system''

Dvorak calculates a capacity of 400 MBytes/side for these disks.

Anyone know more?
					- Matt
***End Included Message***

Will