[net.music] Lisa Dalbello?

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (06/21/85)

["Space is what I need -- it's what I feed on"]

I have received a recomendation for Lisa Dalbello, in particular, her
album "Who Man Four Says".  The recommender described her music as
"really fresh sounding, experimental and rhythmic".  I have never heard
of her though.  Does anyone know anything about her?  Anybody want to
post a review of "Who Man Four Says"?

	"And while the queen went on strangling in the solitude she preferred
	 The battle
	 continued on"

	 Doug Alan
	  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

P.S.  Every good thing anyone has ever said about Suzanne Vega is true,
and if anyone has ever said any bad thing, then it's false!  Buy her
album or forever live in a dull black lifeless void!

mupmalis@watarts.UUCP (M. A. Upmalis) (06/27/85)

In article <4510@mit-eddie.UUCP> nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) writes:
>I have received a recomendation for Lisa Dalbello, in particular, her
>album "Who Man Four Says".  The recommender described her music as
>"really fresh sounding, experimental and rhythmic".  I have never heard
>of her though.  Does anyone know anything about her?  Anybody want to
>post a review of "Who Man Four Says"?

Lisa Dalbello goes by the name Dalbello now adays, that change came
with the album whomanfoursays.
Dalbello is Canadian with a slightly mixed history starting as a bubblegummer
and going nowhere in an overdone bubblegum market.
With this album she has a slightly cutting, sharp and rythmic
sound that suits her voice well.  The sound is new but not new wave,
thats the best I can do for now, I have heard airplay for some of the
stuff off the album and caought a performance of her on the Gatsbys
(Canada's Sold out counter culture music awards) and she has
great stage presence...
This posting tempts me to go pick out the album, the US release is
not likely, however it might be possible to order it down
south, from my impression it is a solid add

--
Mike Upmalis	(mupmalis@watarts)<University of Waterloo>

		ihnp4!watmath!watarts!mupmalis