[net.audio] discwasher

ms@dvamc.UUCP (10/14/83)

How can anyone have problems understanding or using Discwasher?
I've used it since D2 fluid and have always found it to clean something off
the record, especially brand new ones!  And, I am very careful with
my records, never a fingerprint on the surface, they are never even left
on the platter.  Perhaps some of the problem is in the philosophy that
if a little bit is good, alot is better.  Not with discwasher, they say a
few drops of fluid and that's what they mean.  I also use Last and have
been very pleased with it.  Try it on a record that you were ready to throw
away, it's cleaned up quite a few of mine.

cspencer@bbncca.ARPA (Clifford Spencer) (10/21/84)

Being a newcomer to net.audio, I'm going to risk asking
a common question. What is in Discwasher fluid? Can I make
it at home? Replies by mail would be fine.
			Thanks, cliff

--
{decvax,linus,ima,ihnp4,wjh12}!bbncca!cspencer
cspencer@bbncca.ARPA

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong, Computing Services) (10/22/84)

If we knew what was in it, don't you think we wouldn't be making our own?
-:)

Herb...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
BITNET: herbie at watdcs,herbie at watdcsu

cspencer@bbncca.ARPA (Clifford Spencer) (10/29/84)

I got a lot of answers to my question on the ingredients in discwasher.
Everyone agreed that distilled water was the chief component. This is
the most complete answer I received: