[net.audio] Daytona Car Stereo Recommendation ?

G3Z@psuvm.BITNET (05/13/85)

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for car stereo for a 1984
Dodge Daytona?  Here are two guidelines I would like to stick to:
1)  The unit (tuner+cassette deck) <= $300
2)  Installation that does not require major surgery, as this car is
 leased and I can't destroy it.

I am tired of the stock AM/FM unit and I would like to make a change.
Any information would be appreciated.

G. Zunic

li63sfh@sdcc7.UUCP (Philip Kao) (05/15/85)

In article <1711G3Z@psuvm> G3Z@psuvm.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone out there have any recommendations for car stereo for a 1984
>Dodge Daytona?  Here are two guidelines I would like to stick to:
>1)  The unit (tuner+cassette deck) <= $300
>2)  Installation that does not require major surgery
>G. Zunic

i'm not familiar with the Daytona dashboard so.......
<=$300 unit well there's lots.  Fujitsu Ten makes nice ones
CE-4432 retail 319.95 a little high
Pioneer KE series.
Kenwood's light up so might get ripped off.
Mitsubishi,Audiovox,Clarion,Alpine,Blaupunkt,Concord,Panasonic
at your price range is no good
installation is only a matter of taste. where do you want it?
also just check for the "size" of your car.
units are designed to fit in certain body types etc.

dragon-pup