[net.audio] Shure V15 Type V MR prices

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (05/28/85)

sorry for posting to the net for this, but i couldn't figure out an
e-mail address to reply to that would arrive and the topic is perhaps
of slight interest to others.

>Sender: XEROX!"Bruce A. Hamilton.OsbuSouth"
>Date: 24 May 85 17:55:48 PDT (Friday)
>Subject: Type 5 MR
>From: XEROX!Hamilton.OsbuSouth
>
>I paid only about US $150 for my Shure V15 Type 5 MR just a few weeks
>ago, mail order from Stereo Discounters in Baltimore.  They have an 800
>number.

the canadian wholesale price for the Type V MR is slightly over $300 CAN.
US 800 numbers and canadian 800 numbers are not compatible.  J&R music
world has it on for $139 and so does Illinois Audio.  that's why the
Type IV MR is doing so well in canada, the best price at discount for
the Type V is over $350 compared to $175 for the Type IV.

P.S.  next time, leave a UUCP, ARPA, or CSNET address so that i can
send mail directly.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!water!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
NETNORTH, BITNET, EARN: herbie@watdcs, herbie@watdcsu