[net.audio] A fool and his/her money...

tlz@druxu.UUCP (ZrustTL) (08/29/85)

STOP HERE IF YOU'RE SERIOUS

I think I should put some oxygen free solid gold connecting
cables in, then perhaps some jumper cable speaker wires.
Maybe some 10 Gigafarad coupling caps and bedrock suspension
for my turntable. I'll have my ears laser tuned (insurance covers that now)
since I've got a 2 db notch at 18 KHz
and remove all those sonic imperfections in my listening room
(walls, carpet, etc.).  A little tweeking of the output filters,
(oh, how I wish they sampled at 120 KHz so I wouldn't lose those
all-important 50 KHz transients)
000 gauge wire inside the speakers and I should be all set.  I guess.
Or maybe there's something I forgot.  Oh, my! An imperfection?
I couldn't possibly live with that!  The perceived greatness would
be tarnished!  I'll cover it up with a nice vacuum tube preamp.

Well I'm not sure it sounds as good anymore, but WHO CARES?  THE SPECS
ARE FANTASTIC AND NO STONE IS UNTURNED!  And most importantly,
my engineering mentality won't have to deal with the frustration
of subjectivity.

...16 Bit PCM direct-to-brain for us all...

Terry Zrust

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (09/03/85)

> From:	druxu!tlz	(Terry Zrust)

> Maybe some 10 Gigafarad coupling caps and bedrock suspension
> for my turntable. [...]

No, the only acceptable suspension for a turntable is a block of concrete
floating in a pool of mercury. :-)

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA