[net.audio] No. of D/A converters [Six DAC

faiman@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA (09/19/85)

Paul, it's very simple.  Two of the six DAC's are used to convert the left
and right channels from digital to analog in the ordinary way.  Then, special
anharmonic filters are employed to tighten bass, smooth out edginess and
reveal inner detail.  The second pair of DAC's is now used in reverse to
convert these processed signals back into digital format, where a multichannel,
interlaced, shift-register filter, with arithmetic co-processors, extends the
frequency response from below dc to above 200kHz (golden ears have been known
to tarnish with anything less).  Finally, DAC's four and five convert the
enhanced signals to analog format, into auto-filtering, multi-stranded
giga-cable, and out to the rhapsodic inputs of your digital-ready preamplifier.

Regards, Mike Faiman

mojo@kepler.UUCP (Morris Jones) (09/21/85)

In article <5700095@uiucdcsb> faiman@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA writes:
> ...  extends the
>frequency response from below dc to above 200kHz (golden ears have been known
>to tarnish with anything less).

Excuse me but ...

... what is BELOW DC???

--
Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Product Development

george@sysvis (09/26/85)

>>In article <5700095@uiucdcsb> faiman@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA writes:
>> ...  extends the
>>frequency response from below dc to above 200kHz (golden ears have been known
>>to tarnish with anything less).
>
>Excuse me but ...
>
>... what is BELOW DC???

                North Carolina!  (-:

knf@druxo.UUCP (FricklasK) (09/26/85)

>In article <5700095@uiucdcsb> faiman@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA writes:
>> ...  extends the
>>frequency response from below dc to above 200kHz (golden ears have been known
>>to tarnish with anything less).

>Excuse me but ...

>... what is BELOW DC???
>
>--
>Mojo
Well, since Hz = 1/secs, if you are traveling backwards in time,
in, say if we shoot off 10 pulses in a negative second we would be
at -10 Hz, considerably below 0 (DC)-- this is for any of those
golden eared folks who still want to be able to play their records
after the universe begins to contract.
     '`'`'
      Ken
     '`'`''`