[net.audio] Wanted: 14 or 16-bit A-D converters for Digital Audio

ix826@sdcc6.UUCP (tim drabik) (09/29/85)

The title says it all.  Does anyone make a 14 or 16-bit A-D with a
20 microsecond cycle time for less than $100?  I'm building a digital
delay line for a musician friend of mine.  Thanks in advance.

						Tim Drabik
						UCSD Applied Physics
						...sdcc6!ix826

agn@k.cs.cmu.edu.ARPA (Andreas Nowatzyk) (10/02/85)

Try the Sony CX20018, which is a dual 16bit 44Khz multiplexed ADC.
List price (11/84) is $26 for 1-99 devices. Sony also sells a
demo pc-board that includes the passive components and the anti-aliasing
filters, crystal, connectors etc. This evaluation board is listed
for $300.

--

  --  Andreas             Arpa-net:  agn@cmu-cs-k.ARPA
                          uucp-net:  ...!seismo!cmu-cs-k!agn

schley@mmm.UUCP (Steve Schley) (10/04/85)

In article <2218@sdcc6.UUCP> ix826@sdcc6.UUCP (tim drabik) writes:
>The title says it all.  Does anyone make a 14 or 16-bit A-D with a
>20 microsecond cycle time for less than $100?  I'm building a digital
>delay line for a musician friend of mine.  Thanks in advance.
>
>						Tim Drabik

Check with Sony.  I remember that about a year ago, Sony was selling
converter chips of their own making in the US market.  Since they are
such a major source in the Japanese market, I would expect their prices
to be worth checking.

--
	Steve Schley

	ihnp4!mmm!schley

dsi@unccvax.UUCP (Dataspan Inc) (10/07/85)

    Also, try the Burr-Brown PCM51JG...it is designed for digital audio
applications and is available in the el-ultra-cheapo plastic pack.
Also, it is the D/A converter used in just about everyone but Sony's
CD player.

    BB is also 10000000000000 times easier to deal with than Sony
Corporation.

dya
.