[net.audio] Combined TV Tuner & Audio Receiver??

saltiel@cdstar.UUCP (Jack Saltiel) (11/04/85)

Has anyone seen a combined high quality audio receiver and
stereo TV Tuner. I want one that receives Video as well as
audio.  This will save me the trouble of dealing with another
tuner for my monitor. This will let me record in my VCR
while watching another channel and control it (hopefully)
with a single remote control. (It will also save me the ~$250
for a good component TV tuner...)

--
					Jack Saltiel
					Cambridge Digital Systems

	"Here's to plain speaking and clear understanding."
	"I like a man who likes to talk."

lef@nlm-vax.ARPA (Larry Fitzpatrick) (11/06/85)

In article <193@cdstar.UUCP> saltiel@cdstar.UUCP (Jack Saltiel) writes:
>Has anyone seen a combined high quality audio receiver and
>stereo TV Tuner. I want one that receives Video as well as
>audio...

The spetember or october issue of "Video Review" contains a compilation
of existing (probably not complete) TV tuners. Some of them are both
audio and video.
	The article does not include specs, but does list features.

> .... (It will also save me the ~$250 for a good component TV tuner...)

The prices for these units ranged from about $450 - $600.

Regards,
	Fitz