From seismo!mcvax!kddlab!titcca!ascii!rshvax!grpvax!kouji-s
>From: kouji-s@grpvax.UUCP
Newsgroups: net.general
Subject: CD player has a BUG
Date: 4 Nov 85 15:49:48 GMT

             SONY's the latest CD player has a BUG!!

     SONY, famous home electronics maker, started to  sell  their
latest  CD player, named "D-50 Mark 2". That player is the light-
est and the smallest in the world. (125.9mm * 125.9mm *  26mm)  I
purchased  that  player  on  Oct 21'st.( That day SONY started to
sell.) And, I FOUND A BUG in control ROM on the  same  day.  That
player  has  a  mode named "SHUFFLE". When you use that mode, you
can listen songs in a CD with random order.  That  mode  was  the
resource of BUG.  I found a BUG by the following step,
   1) Push PLAY button.
   2) Enter the SHUFFLE mode. ( Quickly! Before the LCD indicates
                               some data.)
   3) Push Fwd search button.
     After this sequence, this CD will catch fire.  If  you  push
any  button,  this  machine  will  ignore.   If you cut off power
switch, that will have NO effect but that has no effect, too. And
you can look your COMPACT DISK that is rolling!
     SONY's spokesman says, "We  will  fix  that  bug.",  but  he
doesn't say "By when".

If your D-50 Mark II has the same bug, please tell me, with Seri-
al No..

Thanks in advance.
                                                    Koji Suginuma
                     USENET ...mcvax!kddlab!titcca!asciid!kouji-s

***End of original posting***

I edited out some backspace/underlines but otherwise left it as-is.
It appears to have a certain quality all its own as stated... :-)
Anybody want to try duplicating this bug?   Will

["Catch fire"???!!!]