[net.audio] speaker/tape deck advice wanted

chris@columbia.UUCP (Chris Maio) (12/06/85)

I'm interested in buying a pair of speakers in the $500/pair range, and was
curious if anyone had any specific recommendations.  The local audio place I
usually buy from is pushing NAD and Polk speakers; I like the NADs but I was
wondering if they have any other problems besides a slightly weak midrange.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

							Chris

P.S. I'd also like to hear from anyone who knows how well TEAC's autoreversing
three-head decks compare to Nak's - thanks.

ins_ashs@jhunix.UUCP (Scott H. Seidman) (12/09/85)

Chris writes:

> P.S. I'd also like to hear from anyone who knows how well TEAC's autoreversing
> three-head decks compare to Nak's - thanks.

I have one recommendation to make.  If you are going to spend all that money
on a cassette deck, why are you going to bother with auto-reverse.  The heads
are never as perfectly aligned as on a more standard deck, and is it really
all that much trouble to flip a tape every 45 minutes or so?
					Scott