[net.audio] Big Bands on CDs

plw@panda.UUCP (Pete Williamson) (02/21/86)

I have recently purchased a CD player and am thrilled with the fabulous
sound!  Can anyone recommend specific CDs that feature Big Band
Sounds?  Does anyone publish comprehensive reviews for Big Band,
Dixieland, or Big Brass CDs?  Thank you.

--
						Pete Williamson
"By hook or by crook, we will !!" ... #2

nzm10@amdahl.UUCP (Neal Macklin) (02/24/86)

In article <1425@panda.UUCP>, plw@panda.UUCP (Pete Williamson) writes:
> I have recently purchased a CD player and am thrilled with the fabulous
> sound!  Can anyone recommend specific CDs that feature Big Band
> Sounds?

The Glenn Miller CD "In the Digital Mood" is very good.
--
				Neal Macklin
				(408) 737-5214

              [There are no opinions expressed in this article].

tomp@amiga.UUCP (Tom Pohorsky) (02/26/86)

In article <1425@panda.UUCP> plw@genrad.UUCP (Pete Williamson) writes:
>Can anyone recommend specific CDs that feature Big Band Sounds ?

Thumbs up: Harry James silver collection on Verve
Thumbs down: Count Basie's DDD on Pablo (great sound, but Satin Doll is
   the only tune woth a d*mn, the other material sux)