[net.audio] Quality capacitor upgrades

tommie@psivax.UUCP (Tom Levin) (03/06/86)

In article <571@kontron.UUCP> brad@kontron.UUCP (Brad Yearwood) writes:
>Does anyone know reasonably priced sources of better quality capacitors
>for upgrading and repairing audio equipment?
>[...]
>Pointers to reliable mail order houses or S.F. Bay area
>retailers would be appreciated.

I order all of my crossover components and drivers from "Madisound"
which is located in Madison Wisconsin (imagine that).  They have a
good selection of mylar and polypropylene caps as well as inductors,
resistors, drivers, speaker kits, etc.

They are VERY reasonable (e.g. Audax TW51 tweeter for $6.00!) and
will ship promptly if you call and make a credit card order.

Now that I have you all hyped-up, I must confess that I don't have the
address with me.  I do have their phone number, though:

       MADISOUND:  (608) 767-2773

Call them and ask for a free catalog! If you need their address it can
be obtained from the back of "Audio Magazine" or "Stereo Review".

Hope this helps.
Tom Levin           {ttidca|sdcrdcf|logico|scgvaxd|bellcore}!psivax!tommie

"Turn it up!!!"

vid@astroatc.UUCP (Dave Greunke) (03/09/86)

In article <1053@psivax.UUCP> tommie@psivax.UUCP (Tom Levin) writes:
>In article <571@kontron.UUCP> brad@kontron.UUCP (Brad Yearwood) writes:
>>Does anyone know reasonably priced sources of better quality capacitors
>>for upgrading and repairing audio equipment?
>
>I order all of my crossover components and drivers from "Madisound"
>which is located in Madison Wisconsin (imagine that).
AWHHHHHHHH come on, give me a break. Lots of interesting things go on around
here.

>Now that I have you all hyped-up, I must confess that I don't have the
>address with me.  I do have their phone number, though:
>
>       MADISOUND:  (608) 767-2773

My Madison (YES that's Madison Wisconsin) phone book gives their address as:

		Madisound Speakers
		8982 Table Bluff Rd
		Cross Plains WI  53528
		(608)767-2673

I must confess that I had never heard of these people before but I may just go
check them out one of these days.

--
-----------------------------         --------------------------------
Dave Greunke                     | {seismo,harvard}!uwvax!astroatc!vid

tommie@psivax.UUCP (Tom Levin) (03/11/86)

In article <305@astroatc.UUCP> vid@astroatc.UUCP (Dave Greunke) writes:
>In article <1053@psivax.UUCP> tommie@psivax.UUCP (Tom Levin) writes:
>>In article <571@kontron.UUCP> brad@kontron.UUCP (Brad Yearwood) writes:
>>>Does anyone know reasonably priced sources of better quality capacitors
>>>for upgrading and repairing audio equipment?
>>
>>I order all of my crossover components and drivers from "Madisound"
>>which is located in Madison Wisconsin (imagine that).

>AWHHHHHHHH come on, give me a break. Lots of interesting things go on around
>here.

You misunderstood the context of my "imagine that".  It was in reference
to the name of the company "Madisound" and the fact that it was located
in MADISOn Wisconsin.  It was *NOT* a put down on that city.

Sorry for the confusion.