[net.audio] Generalized Signal Processing package

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (05/21/86)

In article <213@mdivax1.UUCP> kenward@mdivax1.UUCP (kenward) writes:
>MDI obtained a copy of the source code for the bsd4.2 version of SIG from
>Lawrence Livermore Laboraties about a year ago, and have been running it on a
>VAX 11/750, and a microVAX II (under ULTRIX-32)with great satisfaction since.
>
>Unfortunately, as those who have SIG should know, LLL decided to withdraw
>support for SIG.
>
>I was wondering if there enough users of SIG to warrant a user group on the
>net. Bug reports, source modifications, new routines, etc. could be exchanged.
>All the usual usenet interaction.
>
>Anyone interested?

There is quite a bit of interest in digital signal processing on the
net.  Since LLL does not support SIG anymore, and LLL is a government
laboratory, perhaps the SIG source code is public domain.  If so, how
about posting the code to USENET?  Then we can all offer suggestions
for improvement.  Anyone else interested?

--
Ken Turkowski @ CIMLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,hplabs,seismo}!turtlevax!ken