[net.audio] need interconnect

grr@cbmvax.UUCP (07/17/86)

In article <1738@vax3.fluke.UUCP> dms@fluke.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
>	I don't know how oxygen-free "oxygen-free" interconnect cables
>are but I'd be curious to know the oxygen content in ppm for standard
>anealed copper versus that of the fancy stuff.
>
>			---David

This is getting pretty silly -

The person describing his super litiz (sp?) interconnect cables explained
that he fabricated them from wire-wrap wire.

The standard 'spec' for wire-wrap wire happens to be 'Kynar covered, silver
plated, oxygen free copper'.  I belive the the oxygen free property is needed
to insure suitable mechanical properties, and reliable wire-wrap connections.

Thus the oxygen free quality of the cables is just along free for the ride,
and was not a specific intention of the interconnect design.

Of course a TRUE AUDIOPHILE may be able to detect a sonic difference due
to those little oxygen atoms...
--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr