[net.audio] Sony D7 problem?

cwright@trwrb.UUCP (Charles R. Wright) (08/08/86)

In article <345@hp-sdd.UUCP> paul@hp-sdd.UUCP (Paul K Johnson) writes:
>My D7 worked very nicely for a while, but then the tracking
>seemed to get more and more sensitive to movement, to the
>point where it almost has to remain on a still surface to
>play.  It has now been in the local Sony service center for
>about a month.  Toward the end, a click developed which only
>occured between tracks in shuffle mode.
>
>Does your unit seem to be sensitive to movement?  From what
>I've heard from others, I hope that this may be a simple matter
>of readjusting the servo.

I have found that my D7 is also sensitive to movement, especially
while playing it in my car (sitting on passenger seat).  It seems the
best thing to do is to "wear" it and let my seat belt shoulder
harness hold it against my right side.  This being the first CD
player I've bought, I must wonder, is this the nature of the beast
(ie, it's so small that it's difficult to properly isolate the
mechanism) or, like Paul Johnson suggests the servo simply needs
adjusting.  Comments?

Also, in the program mode (I haven't used the shuffle mode), if you
program two selections x then y, where y follows x on the disc, when
it's time to change tracks, the player scans ahead to the start of
y.  This is quite noticeable when the two songs sort of blend
together.  Not a major flaw, but it cuts down on recording
convenience, and it is objectionable.  Do the typical less than $300
CD players do this too (I don't care about the Kyoceras)?

				Charles Wright

better, faster, stronger...
 Better, Faster, Stronger...
  BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER!!!