[net.audio] Do you own a PAL video recorder

gv@homxc.UUCP (A.VANNUCCI) (09/03/86)

Subject: Do you own a PAL video recorder ?
Newsgroups: att.general,att.ham-radio,att.wanted,btl.general

   I own a betamax PAL video recorder.  I also have a large number of
PAL tapes that need editing, for which you need two VTR's.

   If you live sufficiently close to me and you are willing, I would
like to borrow your PAL recorder for a weekend to do the editing.
I will reciprocate in kind (i.e. you can borrow my PAL recorder for
a weekend to do your editing).

   Thank you,
		Giovanni Vannucci
		AT&T Bell Laboratories      HOH R-207
		Holmdel, NJ 07733
		hou2e!gv

 P.S. for readers who are wondering what PAL is, it is the color
television system in use in a good part of western Europe. It is
incompatible with the NTSC system in use in the USA, so that a
video recorder purchased in the US cannot play tapes recorded in
Europe.