[ont.general] EXPO 86

pkern@utcs.uucp (12/29/85)

Your nearest Royal Bank branch is offering inexpensive 3-day EXPO tickets.
They are $35 until Jan. 6,
	 $40 until May 1 and
	 $45 until Oct. 13.
	(half price for children (6-12 yrs) or seniors (> 65 yrs))

This seems to be a good deal as regular 1-day
tickets will be $20 (ie. $60 for the 3-day set).
(You could spend the savings on minor things, like getting to Vancouver)

It would be nice if this EXPO gets a good turnout.
It seems likely that if EXPO doesn't pay its own way, we might all
end up paying for it (Anyone remember the Big Owe?).
So tell your friends, especially those abroad.
(I'm sure it'll be great ... really!)

For more EXPO info:
	EXPO INFO
	P.O. Box 1800, Station A
	Vancouver, B.C.
	(Canada, of course)
	V6C 3A2

	(604) 660-3976

msb@lsuc.UUCP (12/29/85)

pkern (pkern@utcs.uucp) writes:

> Your nearest Royal Bank branch is offering inexpensive 3-day EXPO tickets.
> They are $35 until Jan. 6, $40 until May 1 and $45 until Oct. 13.
> 	(half price for children (6-12 yrs) or seniors (> 65 yrs))
>
> This seems to be a good deal as regular 1-day
> tickets will be $20 (ie. $60 for the 3-day set).

It should be noted that the 3-day ticket can be used on ANY 3 days;
they don't have to be consecutive.  Also, you HAVE to buy at least a
3-day ticket to get a child's or senior's discount -- the 1-day price
is the same for everybody.  On the other hand, if you're planning a
long visit, you should check out season tickets ($119 until Jan. 6;
mail or phone ((604) 660-3976) +credit card orders only from here).

I posted an article to net.travel a couple of weeks ago with more on
this, and helpful dates and addresses and things.  If anyone is interested
they should send me mail; if I get >5 requests I'll repost it with
ont distribution.

Mark Brader

msb@lsuc.UUCP (12/29/85)

pkern (pkern@utcs.uucp) writes:

> Your nearest Royal Bank branch is offering inexpensive 3-day EXPO tickets.
> They are $35 until Jan. 6, $40 until May 1 and $45 until Oct. 13.
> 	(half price for children (6-12 yrs) or seniors (> 65 yrs))
>
> This seems to be a good deal as regular 1-day
> tickets will be $20 (ie. $60 for the 3-day set).

It should be noted that the 3-day ticket can be used on ANY 3 days;
they don't have to be consecutive.  Also, you HAVE to buy at least a
3-day ticket to get a child's or senior's discount -- the 1-day price
is the same for everybody.  On the other hand, if you're planning a
long visit, you should check out season tickets ($119 until Jan. 6;
mail or phone ((604) 660-3976) +credit card orders only from here).

I posted an article to net.travel a couple of weeks ago with more on
this, and helpful dates and addresses and things.  If anyone is interested
(and it's expired on their machine), they should send me mail; if I get
>5 requests I'll repost it with ont distribution.

Mark Brader
{ utzoo, utcs, utcsri, utflis, mnetor, hcr, dciem, yetti } !lsuc!msb