[ont.general] How do you get your car EPA certified for importation into the US?

dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman) (08/23/88)

sgcpal@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Paul Layman) writes:
>US Customs in Toronto (1-416-676-2606) said I could bring it across using
>a "one time exception" available when I moved.
>US Customs at Lewiston (1-716-846-4599) said no and that the one time
>exception ended July 1, 1988.  (They also told me not to call Airport Customs
>if I wanted the right answer to anything).
>
>Conclusion:  1987 Honda Accord FOR SALE...

Obviously, given the above, you should take your car through the
Airport customs, where they'll accept it!  Since US Customs at
the airport is only for pre-clearance on flights to the US, you'll
have to fly the car over, though.

:-)

David Sherman
(The above should not be construed as advice to violate the
laws of any country, living or dead.)
--
{ uunet!attcan  att  pyramid!utai  utzoo } !lsuc!dave