[ont.general] Non-black LaserWriter cartridges?

mark@sickkids.UUCP (Mark Bartelt) (09/16/88)

Does anyone know of a source for LaserWriter cartridges in colours
other than black?  Has anybody actually used some?  Comments?  As
usual, thanks in advance.

Mark Bartelt                          UUCP: {utzoo,decvax}!sickkids!mark
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto   BITNET: mark@sickkids.utoronto
416/598-6442                          INTERNET: mark@sickkids.toronto.edu

[ Note: The internet address seems to work sometimes, but not always! ]

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (09/16/88)

In article <106@sickkids.UUCP> mark@sickkids.UUCP (Mark Bartelt) writes:
>Does anyone know of a source for LaserWriter cartridges in colours
>other than black?  Has anybody actually used some?  Comments?  As
>usual, thanks in advance.

The only local source I've found is Save On Laser Services (really)
at 12 Sheppard St. downtown, 362-7283.  They only refill cartridges,
but you don't necessarily have to provide them with an empty one
(they also buy empties).  I've tried the blue, which I thought was
nice.  Haven't had any problems so far.  They claim they add 50% more
toner than the original, which I haven't verified yet.  Price is
around $130., depending on the colour and 'type' (they sell a
'super black', among other things).

--
Frank Kolnick,
consulting for, and therefore expressing opinions independent of, Computer X