[ont.general] X Windows Version 11 Release 3 for ftp

moraes@csri.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) (10/31/88)

X Windows Version 11 Release 3 (X11R3) is available for anonymous FTP
to all UofT and Onet sites from 128.100.1.65 (neat.ai.toronto.edu).

The distribution is in X.V11R3/. (Not in X11R3 as I said in my last
message). See the README there for more details.

Please do not ftp during peak hours - 9am - 7pm.  The entire
distribution in compressed tar files takes up about 40 Megabytes.

If you cannot FTP, we may be able to make tapes. (of compressed tar
files, so we can fit them on a single tape).

Please don't ask us for UUCP!! (Read that bit about 40M again...)

	Mark.

jmsellens@watdragon.waterloo.edu (John M. Sellens) (11/01/88)

In article <88Oct30.185711est.465@church.csri.toronto.edu> xwindows@csri.toronto.edu writes:
>X Windows Version 11 Release 3 (X11R3) is available for anonymous FTP
>to all UofT and Onet sites from 128.100.1.65 (neat.ai.toronto.edu).
>
>The distribution is in X.V11R3/. (Not in X11R3 as I said in my last
>message). See the README there for more details.
>
>Please do not ftp during peak hours - 9am - 7pm.  The entire
>distribution in compressed tar files takes up about 40 Megabytes.

We also have it on crocus.waterloo.edu (129.97.128.6) under XV11R3.
The complete distributions are under core.src/, contrib-1.src/ and
contrib-2.src/, and the untarred files are in CORE/, CONTRIB1/,
and CONTRIB2/.

We also have the UNIX TeX distribution from labrea.stanford.edu
under TeX/ weighing in at a little over 42MB.

Don't forget to set the ftp mode to "binary" before trying to copy
this stuff.