[ont.general] Oh boy: I am chosen :-| CBS Video club

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (08/17/89)

Is there anybody out there who is a member of CBS video club ?? I got one
of those "You Luck Devil !! You are CHOSEN" mailings, for membership: 89c
for first four, 16.95 for another two, then have to buy 6 (or four if I
pick the bonus two) movies. What are the "regular club prices" are like
for the remaining movies ?? What are the selections like ?? If they are
about $30-40, the membership looks appealing, but $80-90 would add up to
what it would cost to pick them up from a local video store me thinks.

Any suggestions, notes of grief or pleasure would be appreciated.

oz
--
They are like the Zen students who,	   Usenet:    oz@nexus.yorku.ca
when the master points at the moon,        ......!uunet!utai!yunexus!oz

nickerso@bdofed.UUCP (b) (08/21/89)

In article <3238@yunexus.UUCP>, oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:
> Is there anybody out there who is a member of CBS video club ??

Yes.

> What are the "regular club prices" are like for the remaining movies ??

They range from 24.95 to 99.95.  Most top run movies are in the higher price
ranges at first, but they do tend to drop after a while.  The prices are
actually quite close to what you find in stores (especially when handling
and postage are added) but the bonus selections do help cut the cost.

> What are the selections like ??

The selections are reasonably good.  Alot of good movies, both new and old.
The list isn't complete, but it is a good selection.

> Any suggestions, notes of grief or pleasure would be appreciated.

Note:  Only movies costing 34.95 and over count towards your agreement (or
to getting bonus certificates).  There are alot of movies in the 24.95 to
29.95 range but they don't count towards your agreement.  That is the only
grip that I've had so far.  I`ve gotten about 15 movies from them and have
been pleased with the quality.

> oz
> --

Bill Nickerson