[ont.general] Phantom parking in TO ?

alanm@cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) (10/18/89)

I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Toronto next
week. Call me foolish, but I was planning on driving
from Ottawa and parking somewhere downtown.

Any suggestions on good places to park in the area of
the Pantages?

---
Alan Myrvold          3755 Riverside Dr.     uunet!mitel!sce!cognos!alanm
Cognos Incorporated   P.O. Box 9707          alanm@cognos.uucp
(613) 738-1440 x5530  Ottawa, Ontario

zougas@me.utoronto.ca ("Athanasios(Tom) Zougas") (10/20/89)

In article <7255@cognos.UUCP> alanm@cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) writes:
>I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Toronto next
>week. Call me foolish, but I was planning on driving
>from Ottawa and parking somewhere downtown.
>
>Any suggestions on good places to park in the area of
>the Pantages?

I would recommend parking at the Eaton Center, either off Yonge
street or Off Dundas. The evening (after 6) flat rate is not too
bad ($3-$5) compared to the rest of downtown.
If you don't mind walking a bit, there is also City Hall parking
with multiple entrances.

Tom.

--
I can be reached at...
  INTERNET:	zougas@me.utoronto.ca

brian@jtsv16.UUCP (Brian A. Jarvis) (10/20/89)

In article <7255@cognos.UUCP> alanm@cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) writes:
>I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Toronto next
>week. Call me foolish, but I was planning on driving
>from Ottawa and parking somewhere downtown.
>
>Any suggestions on good places to park in the area of
>the Pantages?

Rumour has it there's still a couple of parking spaces left in North Bay
and Sudbury, with six more in Moosenee.  Better have a friend reserve
one of them for you; they'll be going fast!

Brian

P.S.  B{) * 1000

>Alan Myrvold          3755 Riverside Dr.     uunet!mitel!sce!cognos!alanm

--
Brian A. Jarvis,                        J.T.S. Computer Systems,
brian@jtsv16.jts.com,                   Downsview, Ontario

len@array.UUCP (Leonard Vanek) (10/21/89)

In article <7255@cognos.UUCP> alanm@cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) writes:
>I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Toronto next
>week. Call me foolish, but I was planning on driving
>from Ottawa and parking somewhere downtown.
>
>Any suggestions on good places to park in the area of
>the Pantages?

How about Oshawa?

Seriously, though, there should be ample space (for a price) in the
Eaton Centre.

dgaudet@watcsc.waterloo.edu (Dean Gaudet) (10/24/89)

In article <89Oct20.091727edt.18643@me.utoronto.ca> zougas@me.utoronto.ca ("Athanasios(Tom) Zougas") writes:
>In article <7255@cognos.UUCP> alanm@cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) writes:
>>I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Toronto next
>>week. Call me foolish, but I was planning on driving
>>from Ottawa and parking somewhere downtown.
>>
>I would recommend parking at the Eaton Center, either off Yonge

I wouldn't recommend parking in the Eaton Center on weeknights.  Neither
would the police officer who took my report when my car stereo was
stolen.  It was a Tuesday night, and I went to see a concert at the
Gardens.  My car is a measly Hyundai Excel, and the stereo was not that
great.  A broken driver's window in March is not fun!

I'd recommend any of the many supervised lots around downtown T.O.
--
Dean Gaudet, Village 1 South 8 Rm110, Box 460, Waterloo Ont Canada, N2J 4B6
(519)747-1058 | dgaudet@watcsc.waterloo.edu | DGaudet@UNCAMULT.BITNET

da@bvax.UUCP (Dave Sellers) (10/24/89)

> In article <7255@cognos.UUCP> alanm@cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) writes:
> >I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera in Toronto next
> >week. Call me foolish, but I was planning on driving
> >from Ottawa and parking somewhere downtown.
> >
> >Any suggestions on good places to park in the area of
> >the Pantages?

Another alternative is to take the GO train from Pickering to Union station.
There is free parking at all GO stations and you don't have the problem
of driving in downtown Toronto. Cost may be a factor is you have a car load,
but for 2 people it is "the better way" (pun intended).

Dave

"No job is too tough if you pay us enough!"

alanm@cognos.UUCP (Alan Myrvold) (10/28/89)

In article <7255@cognos.UUCP> I wrote:
>Any suggestions on good places to park in the area of
>the Pantages?

Thanks all, for the multitude of replies I received. I parked
at the Eaton center, for only $3 for the whole evening.

Traffic slowed a bit on the Gardner, but after driving in Ottawa,
I found the Toronto drivers sane and cautious. Heading straight
downtown wasn't the nightmare that the TTC makes it out to be.

Oh, and Phantom was WONDERFUL!!! mmmmmmm .... Just Desserts
afterwards, and then ... the long drive back with a good friend.
It's just a nifty memory now.

---
Alan Myrvold          3755 Riverside Dr.     uunet!mitel!sce!cognos!alanm
Cognos Incorporated   P.O. Box 9707          alanm@cognos.uucp
(613) 738-1440 x5530  Ottawa, Ontario
                      CANADA  K1G 3Z4