[ont.general] Reverse dictionary query

shields@yunccn.UUCP (Paul Shields) (11/11/89)

I am looking for the word which describes the marks made on the piece of
paper underneath the piece of paper on which I write.

Please reply to me if you know what the word is.

Thanks,
--
Paul Shields, shields@yunccn.UUCP

shields@yunccn.UUCP (Paul Shields) (11/16/89)

In article <3619@yunccn.UUCP>, I wrote:
> I am looking for the word which describes the marks made on the piece of
> paper underneath the piece of paper on which I write.

The most polular reply was "impression".

Actually, I was looking for a word with a slightly different meaning:

  Palimpsest - n.  writing-material or manuscript on which the original
writing has been effaced to make room for a second writing.

Thanks to all who replied.
--
Paul Shields, shields@yunccn.UUCP