[ont.general] What selection of lottery tickets is available

brian@ncrcan.Toronto.NCR.COM (Brian A. Onn) (12/21/89)

As a last minute shopping item, I have decided to add a large quantity
of lottery tickets to one of my gift packs.   The problem is I don't
play the lotteries myself, so I have no idea what is available, or what
each type of ticket sells.  Sure, I suppose I could go to the ticket counter
and ask the agent to explain it to me, but this is inefficient, and gives
me little time to study the various tickets and their odds, winnings,
scratch and win stuff, etc.

I was wondering what other people in Ontario feel is a good ticket (or
tickets) to buy.  I may decide to buy just one style, or mix them up for
a gift pot pourri.  A one line summary might be helpful as well.

I'd also be interested in comments such as 'your wasting your time', 'there's
little hope unless you buy x number of tickets', etc.

Thanks for your time,
	Brian Onn.

--
 +-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
 | Brian Onn         | UUCP: ..!uunet!attcan!ncrcan!brian                  |

--
 +-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+

tris@alzabo.uucp (Tris Orendorff) (12/24/89)

brian@ncrcan.Toronto.NCR.COM (Brian A. Onn) writes:

>As a last minute shopping item, I have decided to add a large quantity
>of lottery tickets to one of my gift packs.   The problem is I don't
>play the lotteries myself, so I have no idea what is available, or what
>each type of ticket sells.  Sure, I suppose I could go to the ticket counter
>and ask the agent to explain it to me, but this is inefficient, and gives
>me little time to study the various tickets and their odds, winnings,
>scratch and win stuff, etc.

	Try the Provincial Lottery tickets.  Each ticket is usually
good for several draws around the holiday season.
	None of the lotteries are suitable for big wins.  I doubt that you
could set up a "Portfolio" of tickets that could come out with a one percent
profit.

--
				Sincerely Yours
				Tris Orendorff