[ont.general] QUESTIONS ON SHOPPING IN BUFFALO/NIAGRA FALLS

glennr@cognos.UUCP (Glenn D. Rasmussen) (02/02/90)

In article <90Jan31.084840est.2171@neat.cs.toronto.edu> mgreen@cs.toronto.edu (Marc Green) writes:
>I'm thinking of doing some shopping in Buffalo and wondered if I could
>benefit from other people's experiences.

It has been my experience (and my parents) that if you cross at Niagara Falls
on a busy Saturday afternoon, you'll have no problems provided you don't
spend a whole lot of money 'over the river' (love that down-home slang! :-}).

We usually use the bridge at the bottom of Bridge St. (what else would you call
it?) I forget the name -- I just use the thing!

By spending a lot of money I mean:
- a full tank of gas
- about $20 groceries
- a case of Canadian beer.

I can't remember the last time my folks had to pay duty on this kind of
stuff.

I also can't comment on the bigger ticket items that you described.

Remember to declare everything! To me, smuggling just isn't worth the risk.
With Customs, it's guilty until proven innocent. :-(.

GDr
--
Glenn D. Rasmussen  VoiceCom:(613)738-1338x6106              P. O. Box 9707
Cognos Incorporated    Human:(613)738-1440 Fax:(613)738-0002 3755 Riverside Dr.