[net.usenix] Attending multiple sessions at UniForum

garys@houxm.UUCP (#G.SEUBERT) (12/10/83)

Newsgroups: net.usenix

I appreciate Lou's comments and hope that something can be worked out so
the maximum people can attend sessions with the minimum hassles. My
problem is this:  I'm ready to send in my registration now. If I circle
concurrent sessions, I'm sure to get the same well-meaning phone call from
the same well-meaning lady saying "no-go".  If I don't circle anything,
do I run the risk of being subjected to not being able to decide on the
fly what I want to go to?

Also, can someone tell me (private mail is OK) what the procedure is for
becoming a member. I heard that you can pay the "member pre-registration"
fee, if you become a member at the Conference but nothing on the brochure
indicates this.

Thanks - Looking forward to getting lost in UN*X confusion in January.

Gary Seubert - AT&T Bell Laboratories
..!ihnp4!houxm!garys

steveg@hammer.UUCP (Steve Glaser) (12/14/83)

Actually, getting the phone call about multiple session registration
might be desired.  That way, at least you would know that they did
get your stuff.  It's too easy for things to get lost and there usually
is no confirmation sent.

Steve Glaser - Tektronix
...!tektronix!steveg or ...teklabs!steveg