[net.usenix] Portland airlines?

Anybody know what airlines other than United serve Portland?  The
"guaranteed" 30-40% savings on United don't apply outside the US,
and I'd like to do some comparison shopping.  It would have been
nice if the Usenix mailing had provided this information...
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology

steveg@hammer.UUCP (Steve Glaser) (05/01/85)

In article <5553@utzoo.UUCP> henry@utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
>Anybody know what airlines other than United serve Portland?  The
>"guaranteed" 30-40% savings on United don't apply outside the US,
>and I'd like to do some comparison shopping.  It would have been
>nice if the Usenix mailing had provided this information...

Other airlines that are here include:

	American, Eastern, Western, Alaska, Continental, PSA, Wien,
	AirCal, Delta, TWA, Northwest Orient, Frontier, Horizon, Republic

Canadians might look into flying to Vancouver BC and then down.  Most
other routes from Toronto have you changing in someplace like Chicago.

Steve Glaser

wong@rtech.ARPA (J. Wong) (05/03/85)

> Anybody know what airlines other than United serve Portland?

Western
Alaska Airlines (from the Bay Area & So. Calif.)
Wien Air Alaska (from the Bay Area)
Northwest Orient (from Minneapolis)
Pacific Southwest Airlines
AirCal

Also, I think that there are a couple of other airlines that fly to Portland out
of the Midwest (Continental, Delta, Frontier or Eastern?)
--
				J. Wong		ucbvax!mtxinu!rtech!wong

You start a conversation, you can't even finish it.
You're talking alot, but you're not saying anything.
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again.		- David Byrne

hsc@mtuxo.UUCP (h.cohen) (05/04/85)

Eastern Airlines has a new service that will be attractive to some.
They are running a shipping system with Houston as the hub, and
carrying passengers on top.
Flights arrive in Houston from many cities (including Portland)
after midnight, and leave Houston for many cities about one
hour later.
Coach fare to or from Houston is $49.  So, for example,
Newark Airport (serving New York City) ->Houston->Portland = $98.
First class is also very reasonable.
You are allowed one carryon and one garment bag, but ***no***
baggage can be checked.
There are modest advance-booking requirements, but no wierd
excursion constraints.
I don't know if they serve Canada.