[net.games] ZORK hints wanted

ericksen@unc.UUCP (12/01/83)

Subject: ZORK hints wanted
Newsgroups: net.games
     HELP! We're rather stuck, down here in the Great Underground Empire.
This is the Infocom version --- not sure what the differences are (if any)
between this & what appears on UNIX.  Anyway, we've got a few questions
that might help us out, so in no particular order:

1. Is Magic gunk really?
2. We think we've got the three ingredients needed to get into Hades, but
still can't get in.  Are we wasting our time, or is there something else?
3. We've found a couple of likely magic words, but with no positive results.
Any hints here?
4. Is the grate in the forest significant, or just an offhand tribute to
Crowther & Woods?

You can reply to me directly if you don't want to tempt others who may not
be quite as desperate for help.

Jim "Hello sailor" Ericksen (& POSSLQ)
Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill