[net.games] net.games.hack

alb@alice.UUCP (Adam L. Buchsbaum) (01/06/85)

How about instead starting a trend not to make a new group
every time something big comes up, only to disappear in a
few weeks.

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (01/06/85)

> How about instead starting a trend not to make a new group
> every time something big comes up, only to disappear in a
> few weeks.

i think that there is little danger of hack disappearing.  look at
net.games.rogue, and the game isn't even public domain.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) (01/08/85)

><
> > How about instead starting a trend not to make a new group
> > every time something big comes up, only to disappear in a
> > few weeks.
>
> i think that there is little danger of hack disappearing.  look at
> net.games.rogue, and the game isn't even public domain.

I suggest waiting a month or two before creating it.  Let hack prove itself
first.
			robert
--
Robert Viduya
Office of Computing Services

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert

haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS]) (01/12/85)

Here's my vote for net.games.hack.  Hack postings are flooding
net.games and net.games.rogue.  They definitely desrve their own
group.

tom haapanen		university of waterloo		(519) 744-2468

allegra \
clyde \  \
decvax ---- watmath --- watdcsu --- haapanen
ihnp4 /  /
linus  /		The opinions herein are not those of my employers,
			of the University of Waterloo, and probably not of
			anybody else either.

cjn@calmasd.UUCP (Cheryl Nemeth) (01/13/85)

In article <watdcsu.816> haapanen@watdcsu.UUCP (Tom Haapanen [DCS]) writes:
>Here's my vote for net.games.hack.  Hack postings are flooding
>net.games and net.games.rogue.  They definitely desrve their own
>group.
>

>tom haapanen		university of waterloo		(519) 744-2468

Is there a need for net.games.rogue anymore? Why not just ^rogue^hack?
--
Cheryl Nemeth
All opinions expressed in this article are my own, and do not necessarily

"Life is a series of rude awakenings"
				R. V. Winkle [Robert Asprin]

tim@cmu-cs-k.ARPA (Tim Maroney) (01/15/85)

Is anyone taking votes for net.games.hack?   I am sick of wading through
fifteen hack postings a day on net.games.
-=-
Tim Maroney, Carnegie-Mellon University Computation Center
ARPA:	Tim.Maroney@CMU-CS-K	uucp:	seismo!cmu-cs-k!tim
CompuServe:	74176,1360	audio:	shout "Hey, Tim!"

"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are
but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains."
Liber AL, II:9.

cjn@calmasd.UUCP (Cheryl Nemeth) (01/17/85)

In article <cmu-cs-k.20980067> tim@cmu-cs-k.ARPA (Tim Maroney) writes:
>Is anyone taking votes for net.games.hack?   I am sick of wading through
>fifteen hack postings a day on net.games.

Ditto.
--
Cheryl Nemeth
All opinions expressed in this article are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Calma Company or my cats.

"Life is a series of rude awakenings"
				R. V. Winkle [Robert Asprin]

david@ukma.UUCP (David Herron, NPR Lover) (01/19/85)

As the original suggestor I suppose I should have been keeping track.
If memoroy serves correctly then there have been on the order of 15
yes votes and 0 no votes.  Is that enough to go ahead and create it?
If there are no flames on this by the end of the week then I will
create it....

	David Herron
	cbosgd!qusavx!ukma!david