[net.games] pirate stealing treasure in ADVENTURE

stimac@tymix.UUCP (Michael Stimac) (03/19/85)

There is no way (other than staying out of the cave) to keep the pirate
from stealing your treasure. However, there IS a place where the pirate
keeps his treasure, and from which you can retrieve it. Fortunately,
the pirate will not strike more than once.

I'd suggest searching one of the mazes quite thoroughly...

Michael Stimac

jhull@spp2.UUCP (Jeff Hull) (03/26/85)

In article <371@tymix.UUCP> stimac@tymix.UUCP (Michael Stimac) writes:
>There is no way (other than staying out of the cave) to keep the pirate
>from stealing your treasure. However, there IS a place where the pirate
>keeps his treasure, and from which you can retrieve it. Fortunately,
>the pirate will not strike more than once.
>
>I'd suggest searching one of the mazes quite thoroughly...

Unless Michael is playing a different game than I am, his suggestions
are inacurate.  With one (or more?) exceptions, the pirate will
(probably) take any treasure you have as often as he shows up.  The
way to stop him is to find where he hides his stolen booty & retrieve
it.  You cannot achieve a Total Win without doing this.
--
 Blessed Be,

 Jeff Hull            {decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,scdrdcf,ucbvax}
 13817 Yukon Ave.         trwrb!trwspp!spp2!jhull
 Hawthorne, CA 90250

jenkin@utai.UUCP (Michael Jenkin) (03/26/85)

>There is no way (other than staying out of the cave) to keep the pirate
>from stealing your treasure. However, there IS a place where the pirate
>keeps his treasure, and from which you can retrieve it. Fortunately,
>the pirate will not strike more than once.

Actually, the chest does not appear until AFTER the pirate has stolen
something.  If you are going exploring for the pirate, it is a good
idea to take along something that he can steal.

--
Michael Jenkin					University of Toronto
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!utcsrgv!utai!jenkin

shor@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Melinda Shore) (03/26/85)

[]
> From: stimac@tymix.UUCP (Michael Stimac)
> Fortunately, the pirate will not strike more than once.

Well, almost.  The pirate can (in any adventure I've seen) strike
repeatedly.  He'll never strike again once you've found the treasure
chest.

--

Melinda Shore
University of Chicago Computation Center

uucp:     ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!shor
Mailnet:  staff.melinda@uchicago.mailnet
Bitnet:	  shor%sphinx@uchicago.bitnet
ARPA:	  staff.melinda%uchicago.mailnet@mit-multics.arpa

ndiamond@watdaisy.UUCP (Norman Diamond) (03/26/85)

> There is no way (other than staying out of the cave) to keep the pirate
> from stealing your treasure. However, there IS a place where the pirate
> keeps his treasure, and from which you can retrieve it. Fortunately,
> the pirate will not strike more than once.
> --  Michael Stimac

Sure he will.  In fact, if you immediately head for his hiding place, and
pick up a few more treasures along the way, you will almost surely be
robbed again when you get near his den.

Now if a spoiler is really needed, consider this:  if you never meet, the
pirate, you will not be able to get a perfect score.  You MIGHT manage to
avoid being robbed, but it doesn't help.

--

   Norman Diamond

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra}!watmath!watdaisy!ndiamond
CSNET: ndiamond%watdaisy@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  ndiamond%watdaisy%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

"Opinions are those of the keyboard, and do not reflect on me or higher-ups."

greg@ncr-tp.UUCP (Greg Noel) (04/03/85)

In article <7129@watdaisy.UUCP> ndiamond@watdaisy.UUCP (Norman Diamond) writes:
>Now if a spoiler is really needed, consider this:  if you never meet, the
>pirate, you will not be able to get a perfect score.  You MIGHT manage to
>avoid being robbed, but it doesn't help.

Uh, not quite true.  (What follows is a mild spoiler.)  It happened to me once
when I could find all the treasures, but hadn't gotten that last "#$&$$&$'()
point, that I managed to stash all the treasures without meeting the pirate.
I wasn't quite sure what to do, but when I visited his lair, something, ah,
unique happened, and it all worked out.  That last point was a killer.....
--
-- Greg Noel, NCR Torrey Pines       Greg@ncr-tp.UUCP or Greg@nosc.ARPA