[net.games] Checkers games wanted

dal@philabs.UUCP (Dan Lorenzini) (04/22/85)

Does anyone have a UNIX version of checkers or chinese checkers that they are
willing to share?  4.2BSD is preferred but any version will be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Dan Lorenzini
Philips Labs
(914) 945-6236

{allegra,ihnp4,decvax,seismo}!philabs!dal

aeb@mcvax.UUCP (Andries Brouwer) (04/24/85)

In article <305@philabs.UUCP> dal@philabs.UUCP (Dan Lorenzini) writes:
>Does anyone have a UNIX version of checkers or chinese checkers that they are
>willing to share?
Yes, I wrote a checkers playing program perhaps ten years ago.
It is the continental version (play on a 10x10 board, rules not quite
the same as the british version) - maybe you call it draughts.

It has display routines for the hp2640a (yes - this was long before termcap).

Send me mail if you want it now. Tell me if you are interested in an updated
version (with termcap, no old-fashioned initializations & assignments etc.).
If interest warrants this I'll probably post a version sooner or later.

colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (04/30/85)

["We were playing Seven-Man Seymour with the chambermaid, sire."]

> In article <305@philabs.UUCP> dal@philabs.UUCP (Dan Lorenzini) writes:
> >Does anyone have a UNIX version of checkers or chinese checkers that they are
> >willing to share?

> Yes, I wrote a checkers playing program perhaps ten years ago.
> It is the continental version (play on a 10x10 board, rules not quite
> the same as the british version) - maybe you call it draughts.

If he's used to Scotch checkers, he probably won't be interested in
Polish (continental) checkers.  Maybe Arthur Samuel's famous program
is still around.  You could write to him ...

	"In Scotch checkers you have to do something Scotch, such
	as playing hop-scotch or eating butter-scotch." --Howard R. Garis
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel