[net.games] HHGttG Query ** spoiler **

jenkin@utai.UUCP (Michael Jenkin) (05/08/85)

In article <388@cavell.UUCP> kopach@cavell.UUCP (Randy Kopach) writes:

>We've gone through the whole scenerio of having the fish
>pass through the coat, on the towel, etc etc until the
>upper-half-of-the-room cleaning robot gets it, and I now
>believe that this is a red herring.  The most promising
>strategy seems to be to lie down in front of the dispenser,

Nope:  You were closer with the upper-half-of-the-room cleaning robot.
It is possible to confuse the robot. Maybe if other items were in the
air at the same time it might miss the fish.

HINT: There are several articles and actions that must be performed
in the first 20 moves of the game in order to finish
successfully.  May I suggest that (a) you collect every item that is
not actually nailed down, and (b) you examine the pub VERY carefully.

--
Michael Jenkin					University of Toronto
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!utcsri!utai!jenkin