[net.games] Fireball

euren@ttds.UUCP (Leif Euren) (05/29/85)

Larry Appleman writes:
>But this "Fireball Classic" bothers me, because they've changed something
>from the original "Fireball," and I can't remember what it was.  Was there a
>post between the flippers?  Or did the original have those old half-size
>flippers (like upper flippers on four-flipper machines) and they sometimes
>closed up, so you couldn't drain through the middle?  There was something
>going on between the flippers, and it's gone from "Fireball Classic."

The second guess was right. The flippers were rather small, and when you hit
a mushroom (it was not a bumper) in the centerfield, just across the
spinning disc, they closed. Alas, they opened again when you hit one of all
those mushrooms stacked arond the "Release Odin", "Release Wotan" and
"Release All" buttons.

	Leif Euren	euren@ttds (...mcvax!enea!ttds!euren)