[net.games] Zork II help? ***** POSSIBLE SPOILER *****

jordan@noscvax.UUCP (Martin C. Jordan) (06/11/85)

To you who asked for help in running the bases in the oddly angled room.
This is the logic (right or wrong, it worked) a friend and I used to
solve this chestnut.
        1. We found a "Babe Flathead" bat
        2. There appear to be nine areas with diamonds in the room.
        3. The wizard taunted us about not getting past first and second
           base.

Therefore we concluded we had a baseball puzzle on our hands.

        4. Depending on where and how you moved, the diamonds would
           light up from dark to glowing brightly.

We then tried various methods of movement, i.e. from baseball's position
1 (pitcher), to 2 (catcher), 3 (1st Base), etc. No luck. We then hit upon
the original idea :-) of running the bases, but had no reference point
for knowing the direction for moving from home to 1st, etc. Right or
wrong the following thought I give as a clue occurred to me for establishing
a "compass" in Frobozz Field.

**********  Possible Spoiler  *************

        1. How did left-handed pitchers get to be nicknamed "southpaws?"

Again, the logic may be flawed, but it helped us get to a place where
three heads are better than one (Nice doggie.....grrrrrr).

                                        Good Zorking,

                                                Martin Jordan
                                                Zorkbuster 1,2,3
                                                jordan@nosc.ARPA

readnews@rayssd.UUCP (USENET Current Events) (06/27/85)

you have got to be such a loser!! probably a poindexter with no friends
who plays on computers and makes stupid jokes about them.
baby's isn't the correct word for it, it's more like mindless whimps!