[net.games] not chess

colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (06/20/85)

I've asked net.chess but nobody seems to know, so ...

Three well-known non-chess games are played with a chess set: Abbott's
Ultima, Suttles Chess, and Chaos.  I know the rules for Ultima and Chaos,
but can anybody supply the rules for Suttles Chess?  The only pieces I
remember are the Bomb and the Tank.
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel

jlc@afinitc.UUCP (Gerald Collins) (07/02/85)

> From: colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman)

> Three well-known non-chess games are played with a chess set: Abbott's
> Ultima, Suttles Chess, and Chaos.  I know the rules for Ultima and Chaos,
> but can anybody supply the rules for Suttles Chess?  The only pieces I
> remember are the Bomb and the Tank.
>
> ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel

Sorry to be putting this on the net but I have tried mailing three times and
gotten bounced each time. Colonel, I can't help you with you  request but
would appreciate it if you would send me a copy of the rules to Ultima and
Chaos, or at least give me a pointer on where to look for them.  Thanks.
				Gerald L. Collins
				[...!{ihnp4|seismo}!wucs!afinitc!jlc]