[net.games] solicitation for subtle hitchhiker hints -- SPOILER

chuck@dartvax.UUCP (Chuck Simmons) (07/01/85)

*sigh*  I've put my robe on the hook, the towel over the drain, and
the satchel in front of the panel.  But i can't figure out how to keep
the fish from flying up into the air.  I think if I had the babble fish
in my ear, I would gain insights about the keyboard, figure out how
to open the case, take the plotter, and hook up the improbability
drive.  But I can't figure out that damn fish.

Need I stress the word "subtle"?

by the by, whatever happened to the proposal for net.games.if (Interactive
Fiction) or net.games.hints?

Thanks,

chuck@dartvax.uucp                      {ihnp4, decvax}!dartvax!chuck

don@umd5.UUCP (07/01/85)

In article <3311@dartvax.UUCP> chuck@dartvax.UUCP (Chuck Simmons) writes:
>*sigh*  I've put my robe on the hook, the towel over the drain, and
>the satchel in front of the panel.  But i can't figure out how to keep
>the fish from flying up into the air.  I think if I had the babble fish
>in my ear, I would gain insights about the keyboard, figure out how
>to open the case, take the plotter, and hook up the improbability
>drive.  But I can't figure out that damn fish.

Try keeping the robot busy with something else...

--
--==---==---==--

___________      _____ ---- _____
       \        //---- IDIC -----
       _\______//_     ----
        ----------

  ARPA: don@umd5.ARPA   BITNET: don%umd5@umd2
SPOKEN: Chris Sylvain
  UUCP: {seismo,rlgvax,allegra,brl-bmd,nrl-css}!umcp-cs!cvl!umd5!don

slee@oberon.UUCP (Sandy Lee) (07/03/85)

> *sigh*  I've put my robe on the hook, the towel over the drain, and
> the satchel in front of the panel.  But i can't figure out how to keep
> the fish from flying up into the air.  I think if I had the babble fish
> in my ear, I would gain insights about the keyboard, figure out how
> to open the case, take the plotter, and hook up the improbability
> drive.  But I can't figure out that damn fish.
>
> Need I stress the word "subtle"?
>
> by the by, whatever happened to the proposal for net.games.if (Interactive
> Fiction) or net.games.hints?
>
> Thanks,
>
> chuck@dartvax.uucp                      {ihnp4, decvax}!dartvax!chuck

Have you tried placing something ON the satchel? Think of something
that would make a real mess if scattered around.

Sandy