[net.games] help with ZORK

operator@bnl44.UUCP (operator) (07/11/85)

> This is, of course common knowledge to all but.......
> 1> How to you kill the Cyclops
> 2> How do you get past the Entrance to Hades
>    and
> 3> How do you get past the curtain of light in the Bank of Zork?
>

> 		Please reply via E-mail if possible
>
> 			Ryan

huh

ggc@myriasb.UUCP (Gilles Chartrand) (07/12/85)

1> How to you kill the Cyclops
2> How do you get past the Entrance to Hades
   and
3> How do you get past the curtain of light in the Bank of Zork?

I only remember bits and peices so the hints can be a little confusing.
Read the hints ONE AT A TIME, IN ORDER.

QUESTION 1
	- There are two methods of killing the Cyclops.
	    - Who killed the "original" Cyclops?
	    - Maybe this one has heard of that infamous Cyclops killer.
	    - Ulyssies (sp?)
	- Alternatively the Cyclops may be hungry.
	    - You have food.
	    - Hot mustard seems to ring a bell in my memory.
	    - I don't remember exact how this one ends (sorry).

QUESTION 2
	- Hades is a "spiritual" place, what other local is "spiritual".
	- There are many otherwise useless objects around the alter.
	- Candle light is scarry.
	- Read the book while holding the lit candle (very neet).

QUESTION 3
	- This ones realy fuzzy.  I seem to remember false walls and
	  curved halways.  Be VERY careful when you map it out (you'll
	  probably have to try a few times).

	- Try moving in every direction, in every room.

					Hope this helps,
					Gilles
					...!alberta!myrias!ggc

ryan@ucla-cs.UUCP (07/13/85)

jordan@noscvax.UUCP (Martin C. Jordan) (07/17/85)

In article <968@bnl44.UUCP> operator@bnl44.UUCP (operator) writes:
>> This is, of course common knowledge to all but.......
>> 1> How to you kill the Cyclops
>> 2> How do you get past the Entrance to Hades
>>    and
>> 3> How do you get past the curtain of light in the Bank of Zork?
>>
>> 			Ryan

        1. You don't. Try taking him out to dinner.

        2. Everything you need is in the Temple. Everything there
           is a clue.

        3. Try the obvious (hard to do in Zork, but it often works)

                                                Martin
                                                jordan@nosc.ARPA

qwerty@drutx.UUCP (Brian Jones) (07/22/85)

In article <968@bnl44.UUCP> operator@bnl44.UUCP (operator) writes:
>>> This is, of course common knowledge to all but.......
>>> 1> How to you kill the Cyclops

>        1. You don't. Try taking him out to dinner.
>
>                                                Martin
>                                                jordan@nosc.ARPA

1. Try mentioning a few names of the cyclops' friends from mythology.
   The effect is more pronounced and permanent, plus it opens up
   things a little.  Hey cyclops, can you say Odysseus?  Let's see,
   what was the name of the novel by James Joyce?

Brian Jones aka {ihnp4,}!drutx!qwerty  @ ATT-IS

simpsong@cwruecmp.UUCP (Greg) (08/08/85)

*** Does the bug eater still live......

I need help with the mainframe version of zork. Primarily,
4 questions. Please send responses to me directly, I can't
always read the news. I will post a summary.

1) How can you tie down the balloon? It keeps floating away.
2) Any hints on how to get the money out of the bank?
3) Need mega hints on the stone cube in the bank.
4) The crypt (in the tomb) kills me everytime...

Any hints/spoilers would be appreciated.

Gregory R. Simpson  ---  decvax!cwruecmp!simpsong

       or CSNET:  simpsong%case.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.CSNET