[net.games] Corewar

hewitt@usfvax2.UUCP (Ian Hewitt) (10/24/85)

   Has anyone heard of or seen an implementation of Core War on UNIX.  This
game was mentioned in Scientific American a few months ago.

					   Ian Hewitt

		{ihnp4,attunix,mcnc}!akgua!usfvax2!hewitt
		{peora,decvax}!ucf-cs!usfvax2!hewitt
		hewitt%usfvax2.uucp@ucf.csnet

davidk@dartvax.UUCP (David C. Kovar) (10/27/85)

I have a UNIX version of CoreWars here, it was posted last year
I believe. If there is enough interest, I could repost it. Assuming
the author is not out there listening and has not made enhancements.
--
David C. Kovar
	    USNET:      {linus|decvax|cornell|astrovax}!dartvax!davidk%amber

"I felt like a punk who'd gone out for a switchblade and come back
 with a tactical nuke.

 'Shit', I thought. 'Screwed again. What good's a tactical nuke in a
  street fight?'"
			"Burning Chrome" by William Gibson

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) (10/28/85)

> I have a UNIX version of CoreWars here, it was posted last year
> --
> David C. Kovar

Could you describe the game?

--

	--Kevin Chu
	..!{ucbvax,lll-crg,dual}!ucdavis!vega!ccs020

scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) (10/29/85)

In article <3742@dartvax.UUCP> davidk@dartvax.UUCP (David C. Kovar) writes:

>I have a UNIX version of CoreWars here, it was posted last year
>I believe. If there is enough interest, I could repost it. Assuming
>the author is not out there listening and has not made enhancements.
>--
>David C. Kovar
>	    USNET:      {linus|decvax|cornell|astrovax}!dartvax!davidk%amber
>	    ARPA:	davidk%amber%dartmouth@csnet-relay
>	    CSNET:	davidk%amber@dartmouth

Count me in!  Also, if anyone has a copy of Conway's Game of Life lying
around, I would be interested in seeing it...

-Sean Colbath

"Dave, why don't you take a stress pill and lie down for a while?"
UUCP:    {allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!scco
BITNET:  SCCO@UORVM

hewitt@usfvax2.UUCP (Ian Hewitt) (10/29/85)

  Does anyone have or remember seeing an implementation of Corewar on UNIX?

					Ian Hewitt
					hewitt%usfvax2.uucp@ucf.csnet
					..!akgua!usfvax2!hewitt
					..!ucf-cs!usfvax2!hewitt