[net.games] sorcerer help needed

jenkin@utai.UUCP (Michael Jenkin) (10/15/85)

I could use some help in sorcerer.  I have solved the glass maze,
hit the bunnies to win the scroll, visited the fort and turned myself
into a bat, but I am stuck on two problems

i) How do you get past the dragon (do you?).  I've tried to bring it
   to life but it only shimmers slightly (bringing the floor waxer to
   life was good for a laugh).

ii)How do you get the identical scrolls out of the cannon?

thanks
--
Michael Jenkin					University of Toronto
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!utcsri!utai!jenkin

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) (10/18/85)

> I could use some help in sorcerer.  I have solved the glass maze,
> hit the bunnies to win the scroll, visited the fort and turned myself
> into a bat, but I am stuck on two problems
>
> i) How do you get past the dragon (do you?).  I've tried to bring it
>    to life but it only shimmers slightly (bringing the floor waxer to
>    life was good for a laugh).
>
> ii)How do you get the identical scrolls out of the cannon?
>

> thanks
> --
> Michael Jenkin					University of Toronto

 i) You must cast the "Enhance" spell on the "animate" spell.  Then you
    cast the animate spell on the dragon.  Sorry I can't remember the names.

ii) There are mimics in the canon.  (read your infotator)  Put the
    bat guano in the canon.

Note: once you get past the dragon, save the game because this is
      the hardest part.
--

                         --Kevin Chu
                         ..ucbvax!ucdavis!vega!ccs020

/ex

ethan@utastro.UUCP (Ethan Vishniac) (10/19/85)

> I could use some help in sorcerer.  I have solved the glass maze,
> hit the bunnies to win the scroll, visited the fort and turned myself
> into a bat, but I am stuck on two problems
>
> i) How do you get past the dragon (do you?).  I've tried to bring it
>    to life but it only shimmers slightly (bringing the floor waxer to
>    life was good for a laugh).
>
> ii)How do you get the identical scrolls out of the cannon?
>

> thanks
> --
> Michael Jenkin					University of Toronto
> USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!utcsri!utai!jenkin
> CSNET:	jenkin@Toronto
> BELL: 	416-978-7321

For that matter, how do you get into the toll booth?
--
"Superior firepower is an      Ethan Vishniac
 important asset when          {charm,ut-sally,ut-ngp,noao}!utastro!ethan

jayj@hpisla.UUCP (Jay Johannes) (10/21/85)

# Written  8:43 am  Oct 15, 1985 by jenkin@utai.UUCP in net.games
# In Real Life: Michael Jenkin at CSRI, University of Toronto
# Subject: sorcerer help needed
I could use some help in sorcerer.  I have solved the glass maze,
hit the bunnies to win the scroll, visited the fort and turned myself
into a bat, but I am stuck on two problems

i) How do you get past the dragon (do you?).  I've tried to bring it
   to life but it only shimmers slightly (bringing the floor waxer to
   life was good for a laugh).

ii)How do you get the identical scrolls out of the cannon?

thanks
--
Michael Jenkin					University of Toronto
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!utcsri!utai!jenkin
CSNET:	jenkin@Toronto
BELL: 	416-978-7321
# End of text from net.games on hpisli.UUCP

dfe@petrus.UUCP (Dean F. Espinoza) (12/19/85)

 I need help getting past the gate. I paid my only (sob!) zorkmid at the
carnival. I also need help getting past the minefield (though I suspect this is
not needed, but I just need to go through the glass maze (I paid here once
instead).However, I don't know for a fact).

 Help would be appreciated,

		Dean Espinoza
 			...bellcore!dfe

dfe@petrus.UUCP (Dean F. Espinoza) (12/19/85)

 Whoops, I just did it myself! Thanks anyway!

farabaug@andromeda.UUCP (THE GREY SLAYER) (12/20/85)

In article <767@petrus.UUCP>, dfe@petrus.UUCP (Dean F. Espinoza) writes:

>  I need help getting past the gate. I paid my only (sob!) zorkmid at the
> carnival. I also need help getting past the minefield (though I suspect this is
> not needed, but I just need to go through the glass maze (I paid here once
> instead).However, I don't know for a fact).

>  Help would be appreciated,

       Don't  go to the carnival first. Go to the toll booth and give your zork
    mid to the gnome. Then when he is a sleep simply take it from him!

                                                Peter Farabaugh

 P.S.  any help with spellbreaker would be appreciated.

Any opinions expressed by me were developed by studying brownian motion in
hot sassafras tea...

"Don`t shoot him you`ll only make him mad!"