[net.games] enchanter, sorcerer, and SPELLBREAKER!

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (12/17/85)

Yepyepyepyepyepyepyepyepyep!

The third in the enchanter triligy is SPELLBREAKER.  I know that it is
available for the Apple computer.  There is an advertisement in Nibble
for it.  I can't wait to get it!

kamath@reed.UUCP

UUCP {ihnp4,decvax,ucbcad}!tektronix!reed!kamath

And I looked again
And the monster was me...

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) (12/20/85)

In article <2274@reed.UUCP> kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) writes:

>Yepyepyepyepyepyepyepyepyep!
>
>The third in the enchanter trilogy is SPELLBREAKER.  I know that it is

  Here are some summarizations from my latest copy of "The New Zork Times"
(which they send you if you send in any Infocom warranty card):

   You are the leader of the Circle of Enchanters.  You head a conclave
wherein guildmasters from throughout the land tell of the diminishing of
the force of magic.  Suddenly, every guildmaster (excluding yourself)
turns into an amphibian!  Did I say everybody?  That's not quite right--
there's the shadowy figure that's slipping out the door...
   Spellbreaker reportedly conatins more characters, each with a distinct
personality; and technical innovations, such as the ability to add words to
the game's vocabulary.  It's an expert-level game, but is supposedly very
non-linear, so you can have fun exploring and diddling with things without
being forced to actually *solve* any of the puzzles.  The packaging includes
a copy of the Frobozz Magic Equipment Catalog (Special Crisis Edition), a
mystical Enchanter's Guild pin, and a set of Enchanter trading cards.

   It sounds good to me, but it'll be a while before I buy it-- I've just
started Sorceror (hit the bunny, solved the identical scroll problem, got
frustrated by the glass maze, tortured myself, have *never* meefed, etc).
By the way, the Infotater in my game is "merely" a book.  Did earlier
editions include a rotating wheel form?

 - Joel ({allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster)