[net.games] Zork II - Help please

jk@utastro.UUCP (John Krist) (12/28/85)

      I got all the points in Zork II and am now standing in the
  Crypt room.  What do I do now?  The game says that there is something
  else that needs to be done. WHAT?
     Thanks,
        John Krist

stevenh@tekig4.UUCP (Steve Herring) (01/04/86)

In article <212@utastro.UUCP> jk@utastro.UUCP (John Krist) writes:
>      I got all the points in Zork II and am now standing in the
>  Crypt room.  What do I do now?  The game says that there is something
>  else that needs to be done. WHAT?

Play Zork III.

desj@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (David desJardins) (01/04/86)

In article <448@tekig4.UUCP> stevenh@tekig4Herring.UUCP (Steve Herring) writes:
>In article <212@utastro.UUCP> jk@utastro.UUCP (John Krist) writes:
>>      I got all the points in Zork II and am now standing in the
>>  Crypt room.  What do I do now?  The game says that there is something
>>  else that needs to be done. WHAT?
>
>Play Zork III.

   I think there _is_ something else to do, although it's been years since I
played the game...  Something like getting into the Crypt and/or extinguishing
the light...  Maybe you see the outline of a secret door?  I think the game
ends at the top of the stair which you start at the bottom of in Zork III.
   Sorry this is so vague; I was hoping someone else would respond to the
original article, but no one seems to have...

   -- David desJardins

bart@reed.UUCP (Bart Massey) (01/04/86)

> In article <212@utastro.UUCP> jk@utastro.UUCP (John Krist) writes:
> >      I got all the points in Zork II and am now standing in the
> >  Crypt room.  What do I do now?  The game says that there is something
> >  else that needs to be done. WHAT?
>
> Play Zork III.

This is true, but not quite fair.  Yes, you can do something else interesting
in the crypt room.  Have you been taking the game "too lightly"?  There
is equipment in that game which is pretty much taken for granted...