[net.games] Zork: Granite Wall

djo@sdchema.UUCP (Denise O'jibway) (01/31/86)

I have tried and tried.  I'm sure there is something I need
to say in the room with the granite wall but I sure can't
get it.  Please send me any hints, clues, and outright facts.
I've got most everything solved but that silly room.  Thanks.

Denise O'Jibway
djo@sdchema.ucsd

mark@mrstve.UUCP (Mark Smith) (02/04/86)

In article <545@sdchema.sdchema.UUCP>, djo@sdchema.UUCP (Denise O'jibway) writes:
> I have tried and tried.  I'm sure there is something I need
> to say in the room with the granite wall but I sure can't
> get it.  Please send me any hints, clues, and outright facts.
> I've got most everything solved but that silly room.  Thanks.

    This is one of the few problems I have encountered also.  I can always seem
    to get about 95% of all the points in each of the Zorks but there always
    seems to be just one more thing that I can't quite get.  I would be very
    grateful if someone out there who has completed one or more or all of the
    Zorks would send me a complete SPOILER so I can finish these games once and
    for all.  The only INFOCOM game I've ever been able to complete entirely on
    my own was Hitchhikers Guide.... (probably one of the best or at least the
    most humorous).  I'm working on the Sorceror/Enchanter series right now, and
    am not having too much trouble...yet..., but the Zork series has left me
    cold.  Any hints or solutions will be greatly appreciated.  You may either
    send them directly to me or post them if you wish.

						Thanks in advance...

--

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  May the Quest for the ElfSword be
  your ultimate goal in life...
					  Mark Smith
      -|=======-   	GM          	  "Game Master of a Higher Order"
					  ihnp4!pur-ee!pur-phy!mrstve!mark

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

andre@nrcvax.UUCP (Andre Hut) (02/05/86)

In article <545@sdchema.sdchema.UUCP> djo@sdchema.UUCP (Denise O'jibway) writes:

>I have tried and tried.  I'm sure there is something I need
>to say in the room with the granite wall but I sure can't
>get it.  Please send me any hints, clues, and outright facts.
>I've got most everything solved but that silly room.  Thanks.

Try the word 'treasure'.

                                ihnp4-\
                sdcsvax-\              \
Andre' Hut              sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!andre
                hplabs--/              /
                         ucbvax!calma-/

Network Research Corporation
923 Executive Park Dr. Suite C