[net.games] Help! Answers wanted for Zork.

suz@fluke.UUCP (Suzanne Jurgensen) (01/21/86)

I have a friend who has been trying to solidify the rainbow in Zork.

Also, I have been trying to enter Hades.  I thought that the
invisible barrier could be removed by lighting the candles, reading
the book, and then ringing the bell. I seem to be wrong.

Does any one know how to do either of these steps? If yes, please
let me know.

Thanks.

suz

farren@well.UUCP (01/24/86)

In article <1360@vax1.fluke.UUCP>, suz@fluke.UUCP (Suzanne Jurgensen) writes:
> ... I thought that the
> invisible barrier could be removed by lighting the candles, reading
> the book, and then ringing the bell. I seem to be wrong.

   Bell, book, and candle?  It seems in order to me...

--
           Mike Farren
           uucp: {your favorite backbone site}!hplabs!well!farren

pwilliam@muddcs.UUCP (Peter Williams) (01/26/86)

How you enter Hades depends on which version of Zork you are referring to.
The process you describe, I think is the one for the micro computer Zorks.
UNIX Zork is a little different.  If you want any info, or hints, specify
which and mail me.  I have solved all micro Zorks, and most of UNIX zork.

				Peter Williams
				!muddcs!pwilliam

sma8465@ritcv.UUCP (Stephen Abbott) (01/28/86)

In article <1360@vax1.fluke.UUCP> suz@fluke.UUCP (Suzanne Jurgensen) writes:
>I have a friend who has been trying to solidify the rainbow in Zork.

   Have her stand next to the rainbow and wave the sceptre.  This will (should)
   cause the rainbow to solidify.

>Also, I have been trying to enter Hades.  I thought that the
>invisible barrier could be removed by lighting the candles, reading
>the book, and then ringing the bell. I seem to be wrong.

   Drop the candles, ring the bell, pick up the candles, light a match,
   light a candle, read the book.  This should open the gate to Hades.

   I am hoping these answers are correct.  I haven't played Zork for about
   2 years and am a little out of practice.

Steve Abbott

holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) (02/06/86)

>I have a friend who has been trying to solidify the rainbow in Zork.

The broken stick found near the plastic boat is also a wand. Just wave
this near the base of the rainbow, and *voila*!

>Also, I have been trying to enter Hades.  I thought that the
>invisible barrier could be removed by lighting the candles, reading
>the book, and then ringing the bell. I seem to be wrong.

Say "EXORCISE" after doing all that.