[net.games] Ultima III more questions ***heavy hints***

cs2532bn@unmc.UUCP (Monkey Boy) (02/18/86)

In article <> ksl@hou2e.UUCP (a hacker) writes:
>Ultima III (Exodus) questions:
>1.  Under what circumstances and where do you <dig>
>	for "Exotic"s?

talk to the three wizards in the corner.

>2.  How many marks are there, 3 or 4?  What is the
>	fourth, if existing, with the other three
>	being "Kings", "Force", and "Fire"?

there is the Mark of the Snake.

>3.  Are there "Mark"s in every dungeon?

Yes.  P)eer into gems in the dungeons to find easy passages.

>4.  Is "spp2!statten" alive?  If so, please respond!

No, I killed him with my +4 bow I got from Dawn.

>5.  What is the "pattern" (if any) of determining where
>	the teleporters (unofficial slang term) will
>	teleport (unofficial term) you?

The Moongates will teleport you to the appropriate corresponding moongate,
depending on what the second moon is.  The first moon decides where the
source is, the second, the destination.  When both the moons are in
equilibrium, you will not go anywhere. (You would teleport to the destination,
which is the same as the source...like copying a file onto itself.)

>6.  Is there any way to make sure the shopkeeper(s) will
>	not attack you when you walk into the area
>	normally reserved for them?  (such as,
>	stables in Dawn,  behind the force field
>	in Death Gulch  (I think that's its name..))

They will attack, as would you if 4 guys with armor and swords came into your
house.  Use Powders to slow them down and keep them in the stables.

>7.  Is there any way to "get" a ship when none are
>	in existence any more?  (i.e. call a pirate)
Kill all the monsters in the land.  The fewer monsters there are, the faster
new ones (including pirates) will appear.  This is a major problem in Ultima 2
because of Legends...you must kill LOTS of things before you'll be able to
have a chance of a ship appearing.

>8.  Does anyone have a list of experience values of
>	particular monsters/people?

The easy things don't give you much.  After a while, it isn't really important
how much they are worth, when you consider you're going up to 75th level or
so.  One monster is one monster, but if you want to build up a weakling, have
him/her kill the serpents, nixies, demons?, after weakening them with the
other characters.

>9.  Does anyone have a list of the powers of
>	monsters/people?

Yes, the docs contain all the powers of people, and a vague description of
the monsters.  It has the limitations of the players as well (what a certain
class can use, how much magic pts, etc)  (You should read them some time,
although, I'm not one to talk....:-)

>10.  Can you get people NOT in your party to follow/help
>	you OUTSIDE of towns/castles/Ambrosia?

No one will travel with you outside.

>11.  Can you make people in towns/castles to speak MORE
>	that one line?

I don't remember.  I'm confusing this with Ultima IV...but I don't think so.

>	 	|A net.games|    Cut out 7 of these
>hou2e!ksl	|  article  | <- with DIFFERENT numbers,
>		| 876876876 |	 and you can get a FREE

Good luck in your struggle to save humanity against the denizens of this
mystic place.  (play Bard's Tale...'just as good' as any fantasy game, they
quite correctly claim.)

						leach