[net.games] INFOCOM Net

mark@mrstve.UUCP (Mark Smith) (03/04/86)

    Here is my vote for a net.games.INFOCOM.  To start this off here is a
    posting.

    Can anybody out their send me instructions for Starcross.  It is rather
    difficult to play without instructions (and NO it is not an illegal copy).
    I just don't have the instructions and I can't even come up with the
    proper phrase to read the coordinates off the output.  HELP!!!

--

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  May the Quest for the ElfSword be

desj@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (David desJardins) (03/06/86)

In article <227@mrstve.UUCP> mark@mrstve.UUCP (Mark Smith) writes:
>Can anybody out their send me instructions for Starcross.  It is rather
>difficult to play without instructions (and NO it is not an illegal copy).
>I just don't have the instructions ...

   Be serious.

   Seriously, if the only purpose of net.games.infocom is going to be to
encourage piracy, maybe it's not such a great idea.

   -- David desJardins

freak@ihlpa.UUCP (Malloy) (03/07/86)

>     Can anybody out their send me instructions for Starcross.  It is rather
>     difficult to play without instructions (and NO it is not an illegal copy).
>     I just don't have the instructions and I can't even come up with the
>     proper phrase to read the coordinates off the output.  HELP!!!

	If you are missing the instructions, and you really don't have
a pirated copy. Call InfoCom. I believe that if you can prove that you
bought one of their games with parts missing, they will replace whatever
is missing.

From inside the Tesseract of
	Clancy Malloy
	(ihnp4!ihlpa!freak)

| Everyone looked up and realized that we were only tenants of this world; |
|    We have been given a new lease, and a warning, from the landlord.     |

timothym@tekigm.UUCP (Timothy D Margeson) (03/09/86)

In article <12207@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>  (David desJardins) writes:
>In article <227@mrstve.UUCP> (Mark Smith) writes:
>>Can anybody out their send me instructions for Starcross.  It is rather
>>difficult to play without instructions (and NO it is not an illegal copy).
>>I just don't have the instructions ...
>
>   Be serious.

<< Insert alot of noise about creating net.infocom, please add my yes vote.

>   -- David desJardins

It's like this....  We've all heard the excuses used to say how we lost this
and we lost that. Perhaps the first poster has indeed gotten a game kit without
the appropriate parts (e.g. no map or reference card). How many of you have
never had things like this happen? Myself, I received a copy of Framework II
that was missing SYSTEM DISK 2, *AND* the APPS DISK. Explain that one :-)

A simple phone call solved my problem, but perhaps the store where this guy
bought his game doesn't care about return business (i.e. satisfied customers),
and will not exchange the package? Yes, he should then deal with Infocom
directly. But then he doesn't have their address does he, after all, he is
missing the instruction book.

The other side is of course he's guilty all hell of copyright infringement,
but I think I'll choose to trust him and send along Infocom's address so that
he may pursue getting what he has asked for. I'm even tempted to include the
coordinates for Mars to help him along, what the heck...

COMPUTER, RANGE IS 250, THETA IS 120, PHI IS 012
Computers response goes here...
COMPUTER, CONFIRM NEW COURSE
Computers response goes here...

This will help some, but not alot :-)