[net.games] Battlestar

houts@reed.UUCP (Bill Houts) (05/03/85)

Does anyone have any inspiration  as regards certain puzzles posed in

the game BATTLESTAR by David Riggle? Is there any escape from the

dreaded blue planet? How do you meet the swarthy woman before midnight,

and what does she do for you? For what actions are you awarded Power and

Ego Points (I know of a couple). Do you ever get to do battle with

the Dark Lord? What good is the second amulet?

Any help with these and related questions would be appreciated.

--

Bill Houts
(a.k.a. Captain Chaos)

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not BICKER and ARGUE over who
 killed whom!"

ronin@reed.UUCP (Miguel Angel Colon) (05/03/85)

Newsgroups: net.games
Subject:HHGTTG
Summary:Help!!!
Expires:
< We'll all laugh about this old bug, when we stop worrying... >

I need lots of clues, hints, spoillers or what ever you wish
to call (or spell) them. I can only get as far as the door
that Marvin enters. I realize that I am required to find/make
some real tea, but I don't have a notion how that is to be done.
Now then I have also diped the do-dads it the tea and plugged
in one thing to another, and become Ford, and Trillan, but that
does me no good as well. And I have used the towel over my eyes
when confronting the beast, Yes I KNOW the gun doesn't work, I
found out the hard way. Soooo, anybody willing to help this soon
to be mad Hitchhikers fan, will be blessed.
					Thanks in advance,
					Miguel Colon

	  ronin @ reed
	...ihnp4!{harvard|tektronix}!reed
	...decvax!tektronix!reed
	...teneron!reed

xman@spock.UUCP (Bharat Mediratta '87 cc) (04/22/86)

Does anybody have the sources to Battlestar, the old
adventure game?  It is really good, but ours dumps
core when I try to save, and I want to try to fix it.

If so, please get in touch...
-----
What's Irish and sits on your porch?
Patio Furniture

#include "bad.joke.h"
-----
"Beam me sideways, Scotty, this planet don't know it's arse
 from it's elbow"

					X-man

...decvax!yale!spock!xman

jeff1@garfield.UUCP (04/25/86)

In article <364@spock.UUCP> xman@spock.UUCP (Bharat Mediratta '87 cc) writes:
>Does anybody have the sources to Battlestar, the old
>adventure game?  It is really good, but ours dumps
>core when I try to save, and I want to try to fix it.

In the save function, there is an assignment of a pointer to tmp, which is then
written out.  Move these two lines ahead of the first write.  In the restore
function, move the reading and assignment of tmp ahead of the first read.

Jeff Sparkes
{ihnp4,akgua,seismo,utcsri}!garfield!jeff1