[net.games] Larn installation/mailing list query

corbin@encore.UUCP (Steve Corbin) (09/10/86)

Well I did it.  I just installed version 12.0 of Larn and played it for
the first time.  It's great.  Compiling and installing was pretty trivial.

I have one problem though.  I tried the -DUIDSCORE option and changed WIZID
to my UID and it didn't work.  A .playerids file was still created and I
could not enter wizard mode.  I could however still create and clear the
scoreboard.  What did I do wrong.  Right now I have the option UIDSCORE
removed and am using the .playerids file but I would like to use UIDs.

Also, is there a Larn mailing list?  I would appreciate being put on it
if it exists.

Sincerely,
Stephen Corbin
{ihnp4, allegra, linus} ! encore ! corbin . UUCP

billw@wolf.UUCP (Bill Wisner) (09/14/86)

> Also, is there a Larn mailing list?  I would appreciate being put on it
> if it exists.
> {ihnp4, allegra, linus} ! encore ! corbin . UUCP

Yes, there is, run by yours truly. (plug, plug, plug)
Consider yourself "put."
--
Bill Wisner			       ||     ..{ihnp4,sdcsvax}!jack!wolf!billw
Administrator, mail.larn.	       ||	     Happy new year, everybody.

vallury@dartvax.UUCP (Vallury Prabhakar) (09/21/86)

In article <216@wolf.UUCP> billw@wolf.UUCP (Bill Wisner) writes:

>Yes, there is, run by yours truly. (plug, plug, plug)
>Consider yourself "put."

Could you include me in this list too ??  Thanks a lot.

shipley@miro.Berkeley.EDU (Peter Shipley) (09/23/86)

In article <5162@dartvax.UUCP> vallury@dartvax.UUCP (Vallury Prabhakar) writes:
>In article <216@wolf.UUCP> billw@wolf.UUCP (Bill Wisner) writes:
>
>>Yes, there is, run by yours truly. (plug, plug, plug)
>>Consider yourself "put."

meto, ?!?!?!?!?!?

Pete Shipley:

email:   shipley@miro.berkeley.edu     Flames:  cc-29@cory.berkeley.edu
         ucbvax!miro!shipley                    ucbvax!cory!cc-29

Spelling
corections: /dev/null                    Quote: "Anger is an energy"

frankg@nikhefk.uucp (Frank Geerling) (09/23/86)

And me too. Thanks Frank Geerling ({..mcvax}frankg@nikhefk.uucp)

--
			   Frank Geerling
			(frankg@nikhefk.uucp)

Usenet:		{seismo, philabs, decvax}!mcvax!frankg@nikhefk

Normal mail:	Frank Geerling
		NIKHEF-K (PIMU)
		Postbus 4395
		1009 AJ Amsterdam
		The Netherlands

jim@bu-cs.BU.EDU (James D. McNamara) (11/30/86)

In article <2284@mtgzz.UUCP> eme@mtgzz.UUCP writes:

>Is there a Larn mailing list?  I thought there was a posting awhile
>ago that said there was so much interest in Larn that they were just
>going to post to this news group rather than start a mailing list.

Beth,

(You know exactly what you are talking about.)  "Larn Installers Magazine
Issue 1" has already been posted to this net.  Issue #2 is about ready
to go, which will be announcing two or more bug fixes.  (I'm still trying
to figure out if I *want* to post a fix for the "infinite-money" bug.)

For the record, "patched" versions of Larn 12.0 for UNIX and VMS are
available for ftp at the "official" site (meaning, that these versions
are nonimally subject to duress by Noah Morgan, the game's author).
One other party has also made "MS-DOS" available for public consumption
on his own site.  (My attempt to contact him, as well as you, Beth, have
been mercilessly bounced back by mailer daemons.  I'm glad you were able
to get Larn hints from other sources.)

The "Larn Installers' Mailing List" (mine) was defunct before it started--
not enough time to keep track of subscribers.  So, you get the magazine,
right here.  Keep watch.

As a note (of thanks), most patches that are applied to the "official"
site and/or are published in the mag are supplied to me directly by
net readers and players (that's all you out there).  The main function
I supply is coordinating the "overlap" of patches to keep the "ripple
effect" in check.  Thanks to Bernie Cosell for feeding it to the public,
and of course Noah Morgan for concocting the whole cult in the first place.

Lastly, a simple survey: Should the "infinite money" bug be fixed and
patches provided, or should all you cheaters (spit!) be allowed to
accumulate taxable income for the LRS until Noah gets his next release
out?  Lets here what you want!

Jim
James D. McNamara                    CSNET:   jim@bu-cs.bu.edu
                                     ARPANET: jim%bu-cs@csnet-relay